If you are a member of the Professional Institute of the Public Service of Canada (PIPSC), it is important to understand your collective agreement. This agreement outlines your rights and responsibilities as an employee, including your salary, benefits, and working conditions.
In this article, we will focus on PIPSC Collective Agreement NR. This agreement covers employees who work for the National Research Council (NRC) and is in effect from July 1, 2018, to June 30, 2022.
One of the most important aspects of any collective agreement is salary increases. Under PIPSC Collective Agreement NR, employees are entitled to annual salary increases based on their classification level. These increases are as follows:
– Level 1 and 2: 2% per year
– Level 3 to 7: 1.5% per year
– Level 8 to 12: 1% per year
In addition to these annual increases, employees may also be eligible for merit increases based on their job performance.
Vacation and Leave
PIPSC Collective Agreement NR also outlines vacation and leave entitlements for employees. These include:
– Vacation: Employees are entitled to three weeks of vacation per year, with an additional week for those with over 10 years of service.
– Sick leave: Employees can accumulate 15 days of sick leave per year, with no limit on the total amount of sick leave they can accumulate.
– Maternity and parental leave: Employees are entitled to up to 52 weeks of combined maternity and parental leave.
– Compassionate care leave: Employees can take up to 28 weeks of compassionate care leave to care for a seriously ill family member.
PIPSC Collective Agreement NR also includes benefits such as:
– Health and dental insurance: Employees can choose from several health and dental benefits plans, with the employer paying a portion of the premiums.
– Pension plan: Employees are eligible to participate in the Public Service Pension Plan, which provides retirement, survivor, and disability benefits.
– Other benefits: Employees may be eligible for other benefits such as long-term disability insurance, life insurance, and accidental death and dismemberment insurance.
As a PIPSC member working for the National Research Council, it is important to understand your rights and entitlements under the collective agreement. This agreement covers important aspects of your employment such as salary, vacation and leave, and benefits. Be sure to familiarize yourself with its contents and speak to your union representative if you have any questions or concerns.